You may also like to read:

You may also enjoy reading about the family stories in my novels and short stories at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, April 5, 2010

It's Monday, What are You Reading? U. S. Grant

It's Monday, What are You Reading? U. S. Grant

This is my fifth entry for this meme, suggested by Sheila@ One Persons Journey Through A World of Books.

I am now reading U. S. Grant: American Hero, American Myth by Joan Waugh. Among other things, this book is a Main Selection of the History Book Club, and a Selection of the Military Book Club and the Book-of-the-Month Club. I have been waiting for a new "unbiased" book on Grant for some time. I believe I have found it in Waugh's book. The first third of the book is a nice summary of his life, including the war and his presidency. The last two thirds, that I am just getting into is a thorough analysis, based on review of primary source materials, of how Grant has been treated by history, historians and the media since that time. I really like what I have seen so far....


Happy Reading! ;-)

Dr. Bill

http://eduscapes.com/v2a/back_to_the_homeplace.html



1 comment:

  1. Bill,

    Sounds like another great read. Right now, I am reading Sleep it does a family good, by Dr. Archibald Hart. I'll let you know how it goes.

    Won't you stop by my blog today to read about a blogger who needs our help!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete