You may also like to read:

You may also enjoy reading about the family stories in my novels and short stories at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Monday, What are You Reading? Among the Powers of the Earth


It's Monday, What are You Reading?
Among the Powers of the Earth

Among the Powers of the Earth:
The American Revolution and the Making of a New World Empire,
by Eliga H. Gould


This post is the seventy-seventh entry for this meme suggested by Sheila@ One Persons Journey Through A World of Books. [Entries 22-25 in the series were posted at  the Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories]

This was a book I received at Christmas off of my Amazon Wish List. I read it a little earlier, cover to cover, and just realized I did not post it here, as I should have... ;-)


http://www.amazon.com/Among-Powers-Earth-American-Revolution-ebook/dp/B00838XRL0/

Amazon Book Description:

In this reappraisal of the American Revolution, Eliga Gould argues that the nation's founding was far from a straightforward bid for liberty and independence. Even as Americans strove to be free from Old World imperialism, they sought the recognition of Europe's imperial powers--and the authority to become colonizers in their own right and rule a New World empire.

Earlier, I wrote this about this book:
http://books.squidoo.com/full-of-meaning-for-today-as-well-as-200-years-ago
You may find this of interest, to learn more about the book, and why I liked it so much.


Happy Reading!


Dr. Bill  ;-)

1 comment: